Sophos XG Review

Has an intuitive interface. Easy to look at the logs and troubleshoot issues.

What is most valuable?

For one, its ease of use is the most valuable feature. It's very easy to look at the logs and troubleshoot issues as they arise. Things just make sense and it is a very intuitive interface.

How has it helped my organization?

It is easier to use than Cisco ASA, so it has reduced our SLAs by a considerable margin.

What needs improvement?

The VPN and central management need to be improved, but that's being nit-picky.

The IPsec VPNs are a little on the buggy side and you sometimes have to jump through hoops to get it to work. When I looked at them last, they were still in development for the centralized management of the firewalls, so when I saw it, it was very much in its infancy.

One more thing to add to what they can improve is the firewall policy presentation, they have their own special way of doing it which takes time for some to get used to, especially if you’re used to Cisco ASA.

I have used this solution for about a year.

There were no stability issues.

There were no scalability issues, it is very scalable.

I would rate the technical support a 10/10; they are very professional. I know a couple of those guys over there on a first name basis.

Previously, we were using another solution. However, we switched as we needed to upgrade our infrastructure.

The setup was pretty straightforward. They had someone come in, walk us through it and train us on the platform.

What other advice do I have?

Get the professional support contract; it is well-worth it and those guys know their product very very well.

It is a very solid product, easy to use and implement.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
MelvynLeeReal UserTOP 5LEADERBOARD

Thanks Sean, a very informative review. I am seriously considering the XG125 but slightly concerned about the VPN aspect as VPNs are used predominantly in our network. Also considering the Fortigate 60E.

26 July 18