Sophos XG Review

Easy to navigate and create rules with helpful technical support on call 24/7

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to use. It's easy to navigate.

I like that I can create new rules and policies quite easily.

The solution works quite well overall.

The solution is easy to set up and configure.

Technical support has been very good.

The solution is scalable.

The product so far has been quite stable.

What needs improvement?

We are in the movie industry. We're a movie distribution company. Currently, we are affected badly by corona, since March of 2020. We are working from home, however, this solution is for on-premises tasks.

The pricing can be high unless you choose a longer contract.

We've been using the solution for about two years.

We have no complaints in regards to the stability. It doesn't crash or freeze. There are no bugs or glitches. It's good. We find it to be reliable in terms of performance.

The scalability potential is very good. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so with ease.

We have 100 users on the solution.

We have 24/7 help if we need it. The technical support on offer is quite helpful. The offices are also in Mumbai, and that makes it very easy to connect with them and get help when we need it.

Previous to Sophos, we worked with Cyberoam. We switched due to the fact that Sophos took over Cyberoam and the Cyberoam model we had was outdated. Therefore, we were upgraded in Sophos.

The initial setup is quite easy. it's not overly complex. The configuration process is also very simple.

We have a team within our organization that can handle any maintenance that is required.

The pricing is not an issue. We pay almost it's $40,000 per year. Longer contracts offer better pricing. I'm taking a renewal with a four-year core contract.

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies. Sophos has been great so far.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. It loses some marks due to the fact that I have had some technical issues with it. I also don't use it that much and wouldn't consider myself a Sophos expert. I need to spend more time with it.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Distributor
More Sophos XG reviews from users
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about Sophos XG. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.