Sophos XG Review

Excellent endpoint protection and easy filtering but needs a slightly better UTM

What is most valuable?

The endpoint protection plan is the most valuable feature of the solution.

The filtering is very easy to do. You can segment and create profiles for usage very easily.

What needs improvement?

The UTM itself needs improvement. When you're navigating it seems like it takes forever to load anything. The hardware is okay. It's just the software that could be more responsive.

I've been using the solution for four years.

We do updates periodically, but the solution is very stable. We haven't had to go back to the site to reconfigure it or anything like that.

At the moment, we haven't had a reason to contact technical support.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

We implemented the solution ourselves.

We tend to go for the bundle because it's pricing is competitive. If a unit comes out and they bundle the hardware with the software, it seems to work for us. I've seen that with future upgrades coming up, that features like this will be taken away. The option to get a combo with hardware means the software portion is mostly free, and then you pay upfront for the three-year license for everything.

However, with the changes, I don't think that's going to be available anymore. It might sway our clients away from Sophos. Maybe there's something that can be worked out. Other than that, we've been happy with the price. It's competitive if you compare it to the competition, from a price point of view.

What other advice do I have?

We use a variety of deployment models, including public cloud, private cloud, and on-premises.

For what we are using the solution for, its practically perfect. We don't need other features added. The solution offers exactly what we need.

I would rate the solution seven out of ten.