Sophos XG Review

An easy to use firewall solution that improves our security

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution mainly as a firewall.

What is most valuable?

The solution improves security.

What needs improvement?

It's easy to use, but it's harder to configure when you want detailed settings. They need to make it easier to access advanced features.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The solution seems pretty stable. We've had no issues so far.

We haven't had to scale anything so far, so I'm unsure about the scalability of the solution.

I've never had to deal directly with technical support.

We did not previously use a different solution.

Implementation is straightforward. The only thing that was difficult was that we had some special cases and we had to dig in a lot to find the information for accessing very specific features. Deployment took about a week, however, we did about 6 months of research beforehand. You can deploy the solution with maybe one or two people, but we used five. We only need one person for ongoing maintenance.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

We don't have any costs above the licensing of the solution itself.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises deployment model.

The solution is easy to implement, however, if you do decide on this solution, I would make sure that you have someone that has experience with this kind of solution or to hire someone to implement the solution properly. It will make everything much easier in the long run.

I would rate the solution 9.5 out of ten.