SOTI MobiControl Review

Simple to set up with good visibility and remote access features

What is our primary use case?

This solution is installed on all of our devices in the current work-from-home scenario.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are visibility and remote access.

There is a built-in antivirus, although it is not currently available for Windows.

What needs improvement?

Hopefully, the anti-virus will be available for Windows in the future.

There is room for improvement when it comes to the ability to customize devices and choosing what information goes onto them.

We are currently evaluating SOTI MobiControl as a proof of concept.

This is a pretty stable product.

The scalability is good. Everybody in our company will be using it, which is a couple of hundred people.

We have had experience with technical support and we are satisfied with it.

This is the first product of this type that we have used.

The initial setup is fairly simple. It took us about two weeks to develop a package and roll it out to a set number of devices.

We completed our deployment through an integrator.

There is a team of three of us who are responsible for maintenance.

There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

We looked at the other offerings that were on the market and chose this one for our proof of concept. We chose it because it is a standalone product and it seems better in terms of granularity. We are happy with it and plan to expand our usage.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a pretty good product and I like that it is standalone. When you look at other offerings from vendors such as Microsoft and Google, they are built-in. This might initially appear cheaper but they lack a little bit in terms of granularity.

More SOTI MobiControl reviews from users
...who work at a Retailer
Find out what your peers are saying about SOTI, VMware, Microsoft and others in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). Updated: June 2021.
509,414 professionals have used our research since 2012.