SOTI MobiControl Review

Enables us to do auto patch updates and handles a good amount of endpoints

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to build patch management to use one particular tool. We can do auto patch updates using SOTI. SOTI has been well placed in terms of the number of endpoints it can handle.

What needs improvement?

In terms of the migration from AirWatch to SOTI, we had a specific use case to migrate. If there was already an existing setup on VMware Workspace ONE AirWatch, we had to figure out how to set it up or realign it on SOTI. It is a good feature but still needs to be improved in terms of the number of new devices to which it can reconfigure.

There is a limitation if you want to migrate from the AirWatch to SOTI.

I have been using SOTI MobiControl for a year.

SOTI is both stable and scalable. We use it for 7,000 iPads.

SOTI has good technical support. They have offices with Canada-based companies and offices across different geographies. So their support is spaced out in different time zones.

We will continue to use SOTI because the cost is cheaper than VMware Workspace ONE AirWatch.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend SOTI.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. In the next release, they should make it easier to migrate.

More SOTI MobiControl reviews from users
...who work at a Retailer
Find out what your peers are saying about SOTI, VMware, Microsoft and others in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). Updated: June 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.