SOTI MobiControl Review

Stable, scalable, and useful for preventing the use of unauthorized software, but needs better pricing policy and implementation for Windows devices

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider, and we provide the SOTI solution for our customers. We have around 40,000 devices deployed on it. Normally, it is deployed on-cloud, but we also have some on-premises implementations.

It is mainly used for supervising devices such as Android and Windows mobile devices. It is used for asset management and configuration management as well as for authorizing the use of specific software in a device.

What is most valuable?

All features are useful. It is useful for preventing the use of unauthorized software on corporate-owned devices. It provides an option to lock the devices and specify authorized or not software. The device configuration is then used under the supervision of the device admin.

What needs improvement?

The pricing policy of SOTI is not stable. You buy it today at one price, and the following year, it becomes something like 5% or 7% higher.

From my point of view, SOTI is a little bit weak in terms of implementation on the new Windows 10 devices, and they have to work on this.

It can't compete with Intune and other solutions when it comes to Windows implementation. It's work well with iOS and Android.

We have five years of experience with this solution.

The platform is stable. There are no issues with the stability of the platform.

It is scalable. We are satisfied with its scalability because we can start at 100 devices. I have some customers who have 10 or 15 times more devices over time, and the platform is responding quite well. The service behind is on the cloud, and it is quite good.

When you subscribe to enterprise support or high-level support, they respond well.

The initial setup is easy for us because we have a specialist engineer. Otherwise, it is not so user friendly. You need an experienced engineer and some knowledge to deploy this solution, especially if it is a complex configuration.

Its pricing policy is not stable. The licensing is on a one-yearly, two-yearly, or three-yearly basis. There is no monthly fee.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. We are a solution provider, and we recommend the SOTI solution each time we have a request. It is a stable product, and there is no real technical issue.

I would rate SOTI MobiControl a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud

More SOTI MobiControl reviews from users
...who work at a Retailer
Find out what your peers are saying about SOTI, VMware, Microsoft and others in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). Updated: June 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.