SOTI MobiControl Review

More detailed documentation is needed but using SOTI Mobicontrol we have been able to install and upgrade 1600+ devices.

What is most valuable?

Remote Control Devices, Creation of Packages, Deployment Rules, Setting devices Timezones/policies etc.

How has it helped my organization?

Using SOTI Mobicontrol we have been able to install and upgrade the Mobile application on 1600+ devices in the field. This is a huge task in terms of good efficiency.

What needs improvement?

More detailed documentation is needed for the product and its features and dependencies.

Two years.

Yes, there were issues in setting up and configuring SOTI Mobicontrol at our site.

Yes, We used an older version of SOTI MobiControl v4.1 and sometimes it becomes unresponsive considering the huge number of devices. Also if the rules are applied to a larger number of devices the system becomes unstable.

Haven't tried scaling up.

Customer service is good but there is lack of technical support for older versions. For every fix that we asked, they suggested to upgrade the system to their latest version of SOTI Mobicontrol.

Average.

Initial setup was complex for us as we wanted to upgrade from an older version V4.1 to Version 9 or 10 or later. We have 1600+ devices that were to be upgraded to new server and device agent. But even after multiple rounds of calls with SOTI Support they were still unable to upgrade correctly. They suggested to install a new version instead of upgrade and then move the devices. This is not an easy task and we are still on old version 4.1 of SOTI Mobicontrol.

We used In-house team to setup along with SOTI Tech Support.

What other advice do I have?

The product is good and is stable and I would recommend it to new customers. But you should have the correct setup and configuration of this product. If you make any mistakes during setup then it may not be easily corrected once you start managing devices in production. If you are looking for an upgrade from an older version to a new version then it can be very challenging.