SOTI MobiControl Review
Good solution, however features for Android need to be improved.

Valuable Features

1. File Sync Rules
  2. Registry editor for Windows
  3. Scripting
  4. Remote control

Improvements to My Organization

Actually, that is the main support tool used in BAT by L1 to support are mobile users.
I cannot say anything about improvement cause we started to use that when we change the sales model for direct and implement mobile systems for Sales Reps. For sure it gives a very big value for our support quality.

An example lockdown menu for Motorola WM 6.5 devices:

Room for Improvement

There are a lot of things which can be done for Android devices support. There are no features now to deploy settings for already installed applications in Android's. Mobi should have also access to all of "root" user files on device which will also help which application settings deployment. For sure there should be also some features to check on all devices size of chosen file or maybe CRC sum.

Use of Solution

I started to use MobiControl in May 2013.

Sometimes I reached problems with big file deployments. From time to time when I need to synchronize files bigger than ~100Mb and synchronization crashes in the middle it will not continue at next schedule and files will not reach device correctly. Second thing is packages deployment with included installation which is running pretty slow. Instead of that I use file sync rules and scripting which is much better.

Haven't encountered stability issues.

Not to big but when I wanted to deploy some files on couple devices which where connected to a small router they where started to disconnecting for Mobi. There was no clear requirements in the documentation about how big link capacity should be per one device.

I haven't contacted them.

Technical support in SOTI is not to advanced. They are not stubborn in problem solving. If they know something from their knowledge base they will send some explanations but if not you are staying alone with your problem.

Did not use any other MDM.

It was pretty simple.

Implementation Team

I implemented that by my self. I did not use help of anyone.

ROI

That was not an investment at all. Just a tool to manage some mobile devices so it will be hard to calculate "return".

Other Solutions Considered

It is a global solution for BAT so I did not evaluate any others.

Other Advice

Collect your requirements before you will buy it. It is pretty expensive for MDM and you need to be sure that you will not be disappointed after attempting implementation.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: It is a global solution for BAT.