SOTI MobiControl Review

Allows me to manage my devices remotely, and the vendor provides strong product support

What is our primary use case?

We use it for mobile management of tablets and PDDs.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the fact that I can manage my devices remotely.

What needs improvement?

We're deploying an application upgrade. We can't do more than three or four devices at once, and we don't know if the device actually received the upgrade. There's no indicator saying it's 100 percent complete until everything is done. Let's say I work East to West. I work on the East Coast and I want to confirm it is done with the upgrades in that region. I won't know until I actually go into it. There's no indicator telling me that it's complete.

Three to five years.

The stability is fine.

We haven't encountered any issues with scalability, as long as we meet the minimum requirements on the server side. If you want to scale up, they're able to do it and support is there. They'll help you out through the process.

It's fine. We have Enterprise Support, so they're always there for us.

Our company has always only used SOTI.

The setup was fine. The only time we actually need any assistance is when we're doing an upgrade.

Licensing is fine. We're notified a few months prior to renewals.

What other advice do I have?

I give it a ten out of ten because it does what we need it to do. The support is there. And even though certain items are now end-of-life, the support is still there. They're fully aware of letting us know ahead of time if there will be no more engineering behind a particular product. And even if there is no more development on that product, they still support the product for us.