Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Review

Offers good flexibility and is easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We use it for modeling and for making strategy.

What is most valuable?

Sparx offers good flexibility.

What needs improvement?

The documentation could be better. Where I work, we speak French and we don't speak English, so we don't have anything in French. It's perfect in English, but we need something in French.

I have been using Sparx for 11 years.

Stability is not perfect. When you are working with your notebook after 10 minutes that you don't touch your keyboard we see some stability problems with the system. It blocks it. They have to improve this.

We have 100 tests. We have one company that represents Sparx here in Canada. They work with us and also give us technical support.

It's easy to scale because we integrated with Jira. It was very quick to start our work. It's very easy. It's good.

Their support is perfect. They are quick and courteous.

We use Bonita, Lucidchart and erwin.

We had three months to compare and after that, we concluded that Bonita was very difficult to use for beginners. You have to have the experience, it's not easy for someone starting their career.

Sparx is more complex but in terms of functionality, it is easier to use.

The initial setup is okay.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to do a lot of training beforehand. We have invested a lot of money in terms of training because we didn't do it before, so it's a little bit difficult.

In the next release, I would like to see more integration with other tools like Microsoft Azure. That's really important to us.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

More Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect reviews from users
...who work at a Government
...who compared it with Visual Paradigm
Learn what your peers think about Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.