Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Review

Good price, easy to set up, and quite stable with useful TOGAF ADM model

What is our primary use case?

I am in a new company, and we are beginning the process of modeling the architecture. We're using Enterprise Architect for that.

What is most valuable?

The TOGAF ADM model is most valuable. It is also very cheap as compared to other options in the market.

What needs improvement?

Its usability needs to be improved. For non-technical users, it is a little difficult to understand how Enterprise Architect works. Users who are not engineers find it difficult to understand how this tool works. This is something they need to work on.

They can develop a BPM model to simulate processes.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is quite stable.

It is a fixed license, so we don't have the functionality of scaling it. We have five people who are using this solution. They all are in the strategy area of the company.

I didn't experience any issues so far, so I didn't ask for help.

I have used MEGA HOPEX in my earlier company, but it is very complex to understand and costly.

It is straightforward.

We are implementing it on our own.

It is cheaper than other solutions. Its cost is around $686 per year. There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

To implement this solution, you need experienced people who know about enterprise architecture.

I would rate Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect an eight out of ten.

15.2
More Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect reviews from users
...who work at a Government
...who compared it with Visual Paradigm
Learn what your peers think about Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.