Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Review

It has helped us with real MDA and code generation directly into Visual Studio.

What is most valuable?

• Teamwork support
  • Price policy
  • Support of many modelling languages
  • Documentation generation incorporation

How has it helped my organization?

From the island of non managed analysis and design information to shared repositories with templates. It has helped us with real MDA and code generation directly into Visual Studio.

What needs improvement?

• A service over repository is more then needed. At least a read only service for JSON or SOAP endpoints
  • To be able access models or element from custom apps or scripts on the server side
  • The web interface which can show project tree with the model should be better

We've been using it for at least eight years, since v7.

We've had no deployment issues.

MS Office integration works only with local .eap repository files, not with our Postgres repository. Half a year ago they promised to fix this bug, but still no improvement.

We've had no issues scaling it to our needs.

It's sufficient.

It's sufficient.

Rational - no DB repository and it needed to be merged among the team members as XML files via external versioning system. Documentation, requirements, development all needed to be bought as separate tools which was too expensive. It crashes when a project (repo in files) is really big. There's no possibility to merge in real time and this can last hours, and often crashes.

It was straightforward.

We did it in-house.

It's sufficient, nothing to change with the pricing.

What other advice do I have?