Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Review

What is most valuable?

There are many of them. I like the graphical appearance of the elements. It is easy to group them and see the relations between them. The most valuable part is the code engineering, both for databases and source code. Using it, I can see the relationship between tables or classes.

How has it helped my organization?

I am the only user of EA as I am a system designer. I use it to make reports from it and what I give to the developers. I am sure that the process of the developing of our product is faster and more secure through using Sparx.

What needs improvement?

I think the project management part should be easier to use. I would like to give only people and times to an element, and I would like to see a simple list - name of the element, name of the resource and time and it would be fine to export the result into Excel.

For me the other problem is that the reports to HTML do not appear in the newest browsers.

I have used it for three months. I used one of the earlier version four years ago for half year.

I had no issues installing it.

I have had no issues with running it.

We have not scaled it as I am the only user in the company.

I've never needed to contact them

I have used Sybase Power Designer for database design, but I think Sparx is more comprehensive.

It was easy for me. The EA Example project was very useful. However, when I encountered a specific question it was difficult to find the right answer on the Sparx website.

I implemented it by myself.