Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Review

Provides us with good integration between different notations

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for our enterprise architecture and all forms of data modeling using UML.

Within our company, there are roughly 25 employees using this solution.

We use this solution a lot. In fact, we plan on using it to cover all of our enterprise architecture-related tasks.

What is most valuable?

This solution provides us with good integration between different notations. It also features good reporting facilities coupled with a concrete database.

What needs improvement?

This solution is quite complex to use. It would be nice if the learning curve wasn't so steep.

I can't think of any additional features that I would like to see in the next release. There are already plenty; if there were any more, it would only become harder to use.

I have been using Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect for the past 10 years.

This solution is quite stable.

I haven't had to contact technical support.

The initial setup isn't easy, but it's not hard either — it's in between.

I think our license costs roughly $1,000 a year, but I could be wrong.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. Just make sure to hire an expert to get you started.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

Private Cloud
More Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect reviews from users
...who work at a Government
...who compared it with Visual Paradigm
Learn what your peers think about Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.