Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Review

The business process management tools and architect help to make work easier

What is our primary use case?

We used this solution to implement a turn-key, ERP project. I was the system architect for this project.

How has it helped my organization?

As a business analyst, I am responsible for the requirements and arrangement. This solution makes my work very easy. Some of the business processes are very easy to compare when you have the diagrams.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the Business Process Management and the Architect.

What needs improvement?

I think that collaboration can be better. It isn't bad but it can be improved. It would be nice if you can have interaction with other users, in a community of some sort, where you can have a discussion and frequently asked questions. It would be best if you don't have to send a text and wait for a measurable time before getting a response.

Some of the attributes do not exist for models, and you have to customize in order to have them. They are supposed to be standard attributes.

The entire interface can be improved.

Since 2016.

I think that it is a mature tool, and it's fairly stable.

We found it very difficult to scale this solution.

We're not sure if it was a limitation with the client security, but we had some problems. I don't think that Sparx is non-scalable, but maybe it can try to adapt to different clients.

I am satisfied with the technical support. I have not encountered any problems, so I think that it is one hundred percent.

I found the setup to be simple, but it may be because I am used to the environment. It was implemented as a turn-key project over approximately six months, with the total project being about a year in length.

We handled the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for somebody implementing this solution is to make sure that they utilize it to its full capacity so that they can draw the greatest value out of it. This product can provide the user with a number of solutions, so one has to make sure that they exploit all of the benefits.