Spiceworks Review

To be honest, it is better than nothing, but my experience gives me bad feedback for this product. This product is probably very good for a small structure.

What is most valuable?

The price, as it's free.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

In our environment, no real improvement. This product is probably very good for a small structure.

Personally more than one year, but my company has used it for three years.

No deployment is needed. Installation when you don’t have a problem is really easy.

Yes, too many. We tried it on a VM, but we had to reboot every 2 days. We migrated it on a real server, new installation, etc., but despite the fact that the server resources are really over-scaled (8GB ram, disk 15,000 rpm, etc.), we still have problems, slowness, stability, crashes, etc. The only positive is that we do not have to reboot every 2 days. It's sometimes 2 weeks before we have a problem.

I should admit that forums are very responsive, even if solutions are not always possible or if, like in the free world, some post/request remain abandoned sometimes for months.

I don't know the reason for change. We try now to convince our management to get a real pro product. Many arguments are available.