Spiceworks Review

It has allowed a free option of scanning our networks to provide an inventory. It still lacks some basic features that other systems have such as limiting the view of queues to certain techs.

Valuable Features

Network inventory

Improvements to My Organization

Spiceworks has allowed a free option of scanning our networks to provide an inventory. Though it’s not the absolute best product for this, for something that is free it produces pretty positive results.

Room for Improvement

It would be great to see them improve on the ticketing aspect. It still lacks some basic features that other systems have such as limiting the view of queues to certain techs. It could also use a better end-user interface.

Use of Solution

We've used it for over six months.

8/10

8/10

Set-up was very easy to complete.

Implementation Team

In-house implementation.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

We currently use OTRS as well for ticketing though we are considering other options.

Other Solutions Considered

Other Advice

This product is definitely a great start for a ticketing system at an organization, particular for small to medium size teams. I would not consider Spiceworks as enterprise level yet though as a ticketing solution