Spiceworks

Spiceworks Review
​The feature we use the most is the help desk portal.

Valuable Features

The feature we use the most is the help desk portal. Mostly this is a cost effective way to have a ticketing system for us. The inventory pulls are not entirely accurate all the time depending on what time it was pulled, so we use Dell Kace for that.

Improvements to My Organization

Our CIO can run reports on our human utilization on the help desk and what types of calls come in. Very good for reporting.

Room for Improvement

I would not recommend running Spiceworks on a desktop machine for long, I have had to reboot the services more often than I would like. The inventory information could be more frequently updated. The modules available to incorporate tasks to an asset would could also stand to grow, they could also make it easier to incorporate them into the interface; examples (Dameware, Wake on Lan needs work, etc).

Utilize the community heavily because that is where your support will come from.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

This is kind of an open source solution.

Other Advice

Spiceworks is very easy to install and configure generally. I would advise giving it space on a server to do its thing. Running the service as local system on the server is also better than giving it its own dedicated account.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Spiceworks?

Our experts can help. 239,922 professionals have used our research on 5,963 solutions.