Spiceworks Review

The best features for me are software/hardware management tools, windows critical updates monitoring, and the ease of setup and use.

Valuable Features

Amongst its pretty extensive features the best for me have been the software/hardware management tools, windows critical updates monitoring, and the ease of setup and use: accounts & tickets creation, and consolidating.

Improvements to My Organization

Spiceworks has made it easy to manage PC health and efficiency, user requests, and license monitoring.

Room for Improvement

I think troubleshooting errors became the most frustrating part since it is free; you can’t complain. But luckily the Spiceworks Community is very helpful in diagnosing issues when bagging your head against the wall doesn't help.

Use of Solution

We've used it for two years.

On the rare occasion I called tech support they were as helpful as they could be when your company doesn't have a support contract with them; never had a negative interactions with them.

The IT department I worked as part of, implemented the software on their own.

I wasn't part of the deployment process, but my predecessors told me it was surprisingly simple, but I was there for product upgrades and additions which were less friendly, but manageable-again-via the community pages.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It's free.

Other Advice

Its perfect for a start-up/small/medium company where you are trying to get the most out of a software package with as little cost as possible; and how can you go wrong with a free, stable and very useful software?