Spiceworks Review

​The inventory management is very helpful and works quit well. It is missing some functionality that is needed in a mid-size to large business.

Valuable Features

The inventory management is very helpful and works quit well.

Improvements to My Organization

Spiceworks has allowed us to inventory our network and the community is great for trouble shooting issues.

Room for Improvement

I would love to see change control added to the product with automated approvals, and the hanging and slowness bugs fixed. Also a better search would be nice.

Use of Solution

We have used Spiceworks for three and a half years at my current job, but have also used it in the past in a smaller company. It is great for a small IT shop of less than 5 people, but would recommend and more robust system for larger IT teams.

No issues encountered.

The stability is lacking. We have to restart the software about one two too times a week.

I would give the technical support 8/10 being that the software is free to use. And that they were never able to fix the stability issues.

We have move to “I support” for our help desk solution, mainly due to the lack of change control and automated approval’s.

The set-up is very straightforward and easy.

Implementation Team

We implemented it in-house.

ROI

ROI is great as the software is free.

Other Advice

If you are planning on using Spiceworks as you core ticketing solution make sure it will scale to your business needs. I feel the product is good for inventory and simple help desk, I lacks in speed and in the fact that there is no Change Control peace of the ticketing system. On other thing is we have experienced issues with the software hanging up, we have try multiple things to stop this with no avail. It is missing some functionality that is needed in a Mid-size to large business.