Spiceworks

Spiceworks Review
After the software got deployed incident management became much faster, easier and more organized.

Valuable Features

From what I know, the software has a very vast range of functionalities but what we mainly used it for was for incident/ticket management and network hardware & software inventory (workstations, laptops, licenses, IPs, etc.).

Improvements to My Organization

Before implementing Spiceworks we had to manage all our incidents through email. This was pretty tiresome and time consuming and so, as time passed and the company grew larger, we realized that we were working in an inefficient manner and that incident management itself was something that was draining precious time. After the software got deployed it all became much faster, easier and more organized. By collecting and classifying emails, it helped us greatly in areas such as: ticket assignment, team & individual workload measurements, incident takeover, information transparency and follow up with the users (clients), etc.

Room for Improvement

Personally, I haven't used it in over an year, I haven't got to see the latest updates or major releases but if there's something I'd improve about version 5.x is its scalability.

Use of Solution

I've used this software for about a year and a half during some of the time I've spent as a HelpDesk Specialist.

Only issue was with scalability. After some time, as the back-end DB grew bigger, the solution started to perform slower. In the end we even had to reset the DB and archive the old one so it could run smoothly again.

I don't really have that much experience on that side with the product, but from what I remember you could usually find a lot of useful tips, tricks and even solutions to issues on public forums and even in the software's documentation.

Before and even after implementing Spiceworks we've been working with HP Service Manager. Although a classic in incident management software, it was sort of avoided by users (clients) because they considered it to be way harder and slower to use than emails. Once we implemented Spiceworks to collect user incident mails, HP Service Manager started to be avoided even more from our internal clients.

I wasn't involved.

Implementation Team

Implementation was done in-house by my team's technical coordinator.

Other Advice

If you've got a small to medium sized company (<500 employees and <500 network objects) than this software can really cut time for some of your Help Desk and even Sys Admin operations and optimize Incident Management in your team.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Spiceworks?

Our experts can help. 239,922 professionals have used our research on 5,963 solutions.