Spiceworks

Spiceworks Review
The development is regular and updates happen often.

Valuable Features

The help desk feature is by far the most valuable. It is easy to use and offers lots of features for different types of organizations.

Improvements to My Organization

I have used this product at two different organizations. At Addison Community Schools I introduced Spiceworks as an easy to use Help Desk solution that came with no cost and minimal setup. It revolutionized the way support requests were handled. Before Spiceworks it was a strictly email or word of mouth support system. Not very efficient at all.

Room for Improvement

The area I have always struggled with is the network scanning and asset management parts of the program.

Use of Solution

I've used it for eight years.

Deployment is simple. It requires installation and some key configs like SMTP/POP services for email interactions.

Stability has been a problem only a few times but barely a blip.

I went from an organization serving 100 employees to one serving over 500 employees and saw no issues.

Most of the tech support for Spiceworks is via their forums which are very active and very helpful.

The initial set-up really is very easy. Again, some SMTP/POP stuff is about as tough as it gets.

Implementation Team

I implemented it in-house but there are vendors that will do implementation if you want to pay for it. I think that the typical Spiceworks user is going to end up implementing on their own. My advice is to test it. Everything is free so no harm in downloading and installing on a virtual server.

ROI

ROI is hard to determine because the product is free but what I can say is that the value is huge.

Other Solutions Considered

I have evaluated several help desk products and it comes down to overall value. I never made the change because the products I looked at didn't offer enough value to justify their cost.

Other Advice

Spiceworks gives you a very good but basic help desk platform that is easy to implement and use. The development is regular and updates happen often. They are constantly adding features and making the product better.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Spiceworks?

Our experts can help. 239,922 professionals have used our research on 5,963 solutions.