Spiceworks Review

The ease of using the ticketing system has formalized or project and process work.

What is most valuable?

The help desk ticketing system is of the most value to us, also the knowledge-base and network scanning is used often.

How has it helped my organization?

The ease of using the ticketing system has formalized or project and process work a great deal, because now we have an easy to use central location to store ticket related data.

What needs improvement?

I’d like to see a more formalized classification system for tickets that would allow me to analyze where (on what functions) our team is spending most of the time and resources.

We have used Spiceworks for three years – transferred from SysAid.

Spiceworks could improve the upgrade procedure. It regularly fails and we have to use the workaround to get a new version installed.

It regularly fails when we're upgrading.

We've had no issues scaling it.

Very good – the community is very fast to respond and is full of professionals.

Before Spiceworks we used SysAid which was quite good also, but not worth the extra money compared to Spiceworks.

Initial set-up is very straightforward – any semi-pro can do it in an hour or so.

We implemented it in-house. There's no ned to use an outside contractor because the setup is very easy and you learn a great deal by doing it yourself.

ROI is very good since this is AdWare software.

What other advice do I have?

Considering this is AdWare this is a very good product with all the right tools for a medium sized IT department. I would recommend it for any IT department that has less than 20 members.