Spiceworks Review

We set it up for use by different departments that had specific tracking needs and were able to meet those needs.​ It couldn't scale for our company.

Valuable Features

The customization of the service desk. We set it up for use by different departments that had specific tracking needs and were able to meet those needs.

Room for Improvement

The issue that we had, that caused us to stop using Spiceworks, was that it didn’t seem designed for a help desk of our scale, and we're a company with over 2500 employees.

Use of Solution

It was used for about a year or a year and a half, I think.

We had no deployment issues.

I don’t know the technical details, but I know that stability became a huge issue after about eight months especially as we began to become more sophisticated in how we used the system.

We had issues with scaling it for our company of over 2500 people.

I never really interacted with them.

I never really interacted with them.

I can’t speak about the technical side of the set-up, but the initial customizations were fairly straightforward.

Implementation Team

We didn't use it in-house.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The major “selling” point for Spiceworks was that it was free.

Other Advice

It worked for what we needed it to do (short term at least) and had good customization, but in the end it wasn't the right fit for our organization. Perform a lot of testing.