Spiceworks Review

Great asset management features in a free solution that's easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for asset management of our asset collection.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is the asset inventory.

What needs improvement?

I would like the solution to allow for more direct interaction with computers. I can open tickets and I can see their status, but I can't interact directly with the computers themselves.

It would be ideal if they could add contract management features into the solution in a future release.

Regarding Contract management, I'd like to register all my support/renewal contracts and reminders for renewal.

I've been using the solution for about three years.

The solution is very stable. It's reliable and efficient.

The scalability is okay, but it could be improved. We have about 800 users currently. We don't plan to increase usage at this time.

We've never reached out to technical support, so I don't have any experience with them.

Previously, we used Manage Engine. It was a bit slow, and a little bit old, which is why we switched.

The initial setup was straightforward. Deployment typically takes an hour or less. You only need one person to deploy the solution and two people for maintenance.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

The solution is free. We're not paying for any licensing or other costs.

I didn't evaluate other options before choosing Spiceworks.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment solution.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten.