Spiceworks Review

Good inventory and helpdesk functionality

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use this solution for the Spiceworks Inventory system, as well as for helpdesk-related stuff. I have used it to find information to fix various issues.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the inventory and personalization.

What needs improvement?

Having an integrated asset management tool, where I can plug in things that are offline, would be good. If I have taken a device off of the network then it would be nice to have it included in the same system, and not somewhere separately. That is the only thing that I have to look for outside of this solution.

I have been using Spiceworks for about four years.

I have not had any issues with stability.

This solution does not seem to have any trouble scaling up, or down. I am the only person who is currently using Spiceworks in the company.

I am very satisfied with the community support. I find most of my solutions there.

Prior to using Spiceworks, I used a local tool. I switched because it has the ability to scan the network and find devices. I just have to punch in the credentials for the different devices and it will go off and do all of the scans for you. It will also provide all of the information about purchase dates and warranties.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is nice and easy to follow.

What other advice do I have?

Spiceworks is a system that I recommend for both inventory and helpdesk, although it is good in its entirety. Other than support for integrated asset management, I cannot think of additional features that I would require.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

7.5
More Spiceworks reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Spiceworks, Zabbix, Nagios and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.