Splunk Phantom Review

Great automation capabilities, easy to use, and offers good GUI

What is our primary use case?

We're not really creating the use cases. Our internal team is developing the use cases. Right now, we have automated the whole phishing process. After that we are still planning to automate a few more things like malware investigation and then from there other processes.

What is most valuable?

We're in the POC phase. We need more time to get used to the solution and to understand it better to discover the most useful features.

So far, the interface is very easy to use.

The GUI is great.

The features in the Phantom playbook are all very good.

You can build different playbook and you can play with the playbook. One playbook can give you insights into URL applications, one playbook you can give the reputation about the file access. You can build different playbooks and after integrating all the playbooks you can come up with some organizational directions and decisions. It will give you very good insights into various incidents.

The solution is great for automating redundant work.

It's difficult sometime to manage the amount of reported suspicious emails. Using an intervention like this solution helps make that task easier.

What needs improvement?

We haven't had too much experience on the solution.

The solution is relatively new in the market.

It would be ideal if we could automate processes even more.

The interface is great, however, they could still keep refining it to make it even more user friendly.

We have used the solution over the past year.

At a previous organization, I did work with another tool in Beta. It was able to provide UVA capacity. I'm not sure if they used a different tool at this current organization.

The Phantom has better GUI, however, I'm not able to clearly see the risk fabric.

I wasn't part of the deployment team. I have no idea if the initial implementation is straightforward or complex.

Technically, we are still in the deployment phase. We haven't finished yet. We are yet to go live. IN the next few weeks we'll go live, however, only on the phishing features.

I'm not aware of the company looking into other options before choosing this solution. All of this was handled by the procurement team, and I am not a party to their decision-making process.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're currently using.

If a company wants to automate redundant work, this solution is perfect for that. Very specific processes can be easily automated to save time. That way, analysts can invest their time elsewhere. Phantom is one of the great tools for reducing redundancies.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)