Splunk Review

A great solution for application management, security and compliance

What is our primary use case?

We use Splunk for security and also PCI compliance.

We have installed and implemented this solution for several clients in Bolivia with our team. We have received training from Splunk directly, and we have also provided training to our clients.

We deploy two versions: one for on-premise and one for the cloud.

Most of our customers purchase Splunk because they required a tool for gathering and collecting all of the logs from the infrastructure in order to make a correlation between data and to spot patterns surrounding security incidents.

What is most valuable?

The correlation capabilities are the first value that our clients say they like with Splunk. Another benefit is that they can connect to any device or log from any device from anywhere.

It's easy, the tool is very easy to install and set up.

What needs improvement?

They could have more dashboards done or predefined so our clients could use them directly in order to have more information ready to use.

The difficult part is related to integration with sources of data that are used to create the logs as this depends on the infrastructure of the client.

We have been using this solution for more than five years.

Stability-wise, it's great.

We do not require much scalability here because the clients are not so big; however, the hardware where we installed the products was enough to handle all the transactions of Splunk.

The support is not so good, I would only give them a rating of six or seven.

They should provide support in Spanish here in Latin America. Their response time to inquires or requirement tickets is too long. It should be shorter.

Deployment took us two weeks.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Splunk to any company: small, medium, and large.

Splunk is a great tool but you should get a partner who knows what they are doing, implementation-wise.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Splunk a rating of nine.

More Splunk reviews from users
...who compared it with LogRhythm NextGen SIEM
Learn what your peers think about Splunk. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.