Splunk Review

A stable, scalable solution with comprehensive dashboards and helpful technical support

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to monitor Cyber Mission databases.

I create the diagrams to create an architecture that is then implemented. However, creating these diagrams are for my own learnings since these implementations are usually already available in the cloud office logs.

What is most valuable?

The features I have found most valuable are the dashboards.

I monitor the complete capacity that users are using in the company.

What needs improvement?

An area of improvement would be the licensing of the solution. They need a free license, which would allow faster lead times.

They also need to update their documentation.

The solution is stable.

The scalability of the solution is amazing because it can collect a lot of data and you can have your own structure to monitor this data.

The customer service/technical support was helpful and they answered my questions as best they could.

The setup was easy, but you have to have a VPN connection depending on the security protocols in place.

The deployment was in-house and took about two days with the correct licenses and permissions.

What other advice do I have?

It is important to define different guidelines to integrate Splunk in development, QA, and production deployments. Additionally, define the applications that will be used and the configuration of the databases to collect the data. If this is not done, there will be a lot of issues due to, for example, master access or permissions to use the database collector and blocks.

Hybrid Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)

7.1
More Splunk reviews from users
...who compared it with LogRhythm NextGen SIEM
Learn what your peers think about Splunk. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.