Splunk Review

Impressive UI, many useful features, and very scalable, but needs alerting feature and better pricing and integration

What is most valuable?

There are quite a lot of things that we find useful. Splunk agents are useful and good. Its UI is quite impressive.

What needs improvement?

Its pricing model and integration with third-party services can be improved. We had faced an issue with integration.

The alerting feature is currently not available with Splunk, but it is definitely available with Datadog and PagerDuty. They should include this feature.

A few dashboards in Splunk look quite old and are not that modern. They aren't bad, but improving these dashboards will definitely make Splunk more attractive and usable.

I read in a few blog posts that there were a few security incidents related to Splunk agents. So, it can be made more secure.

I have been using this solution for almost two years. I am using its latest version.

It is a stable product.

Splunk is definitely scalable.

I have not interacted with them. Another team is taking care of raising tickets with their technical support.

It is quite simple.

Its pricing model can be improved.

What other advice do I have?

A few years ago, I would have definitely recommended Splunk, but nowadays, better alternatives are available. We are currently exploring a few other alternatives, so I won't recommend Splunk as of now.

I would rate Splunk a seven out of ten.

More Splunk reviews from users
...who compared it with LogRhythm NextGen SIEM
Learn what your peers think about Splunk. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.