Splunk Review

Fast availability of operational data spread across several servers is nice, but the MES is a complex system.

What is most valuable?

What Splunk calls operational intelligence: fast availability of operational data spread across several servers to prevent or react faster to outages or performance decreases.

How has it helped my organization?

MES is a complex and very critical distributed system here. Production WIP is directly connected to it and ICT is required to provide a continuous availability and very stable performance (line production has a costant speed, software cannot slowdown). Collect operational data from hardware, middleware and application software can potentially improve ICT proactive and reactive tasks.

I've ever used it, just studied it.

We also use a traditional monitor, and Microsoft SCOM.

Every stop or slowdown of the production line means lost of money, e.g. 30% reduction when compared to the current baseline.

Every stop or slowdown of the production line means lost of money, e.g. 30% of reduction compare to the current baseline.

IBM QRadar