Splunk Review

It allows us to store raw data and use it repeatedly for different domains.

How has it helped my organization?

We are using it for operational intelligence. We are using Splunk as a data lake for machine data. We gather all our machine data from the IT infrastructure and monitor its health.

What is most valuable?

Splunk's schema-on-read technology is one of the most valuable characteristics of this solution. It allows us to store raw data and use it repeatedly for different domains. You don't need to prepare the data upfront.

Splunk's Search Processing Language (SPL) is another beneficial feature. It is a very powerful tool that gives you the ability to do almost anything with your data.

What needs improvement?

Visualizations can improve. There are some performance and stability issues with the visualization layer.

There were stability issues, but only with the visualization layer.

There were no scalability issues.

The technical support is quite good.

Previously, we worked with different vendors and solutions.

The setup was very straightforward.

The price is pretty high for our region.

We did a SIEM solutions review with this and other systems for one of our customers.

What other advice do I have?

This is the right choice if you are looking for a platform that can combine all machine-generated data and use it for various use cases from different domains.

6.4
More Splunk reviews from users
...who compared it with LogRhythm NextGen SIEM
Learn what your peers think about Splunk. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.
1 Comment