Splunk Review

Valuable features include rapid search, data mining, and information propagation. The GUI should be improved.

What is most valuable?

Rapid search is a valuable feature. Performance and incident response were the top priorities for most MSSPs. Breaches of SLAs will have a negative impact on customer trust, which eventually leads to losing customer confidence on services to which they’re subscribing. Hence, the proactive approaches will be the main differentiator from one MSSP to the others.

How has it helped my organization?

It has been helping a lot of my clients with fast data mining and information propagation.

What needs improvement?

The GUI should be improved, in other words, the overall appearance.

I am not the end-user. However, my job was more relevant as a consultant.

Performance upgrades are needed when more processing power is required.

We have not had scalability issues.

Technical support is good.

The client was using an open source solution. They decided to switch to an enterprise product.

The setup can be straightforward, if use cases are well defined.

Overall, it the cost is reasonable and it is easy to upgrade.

Our client was considering the other solutions as well. However, due to their overall assessment, they still considered going with it.

What other advice do I have?

Start off with something at a comfortable level, expand gradually, and then move upwards, expanding steadily.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a distributor.