Splunk Review

Customizable and has average installation difficulty

What needs improvement?

There is improvement needed when importing from some types of data sources. Most of the time you have to do some customization for the data because not everything is working the way it should. Additionally, in other solutions, it is easier to build use cases.

I have been using this solution for approximately three years.

I have previously used Curator and it was much easier to use than this solution.

I have found the installation can be of medium difficulty to very complex depending on the use case. It is not easy for new customers. You need to have the experience to be able to do it.

What other advice do I have?

When using this solution for Security Information Management(SIM), I highly recommend importing data sources from the whole cycle for the service security chain. Some people only use main inputs and not all of the data sources they have. They might not have some data sources, in this case, you can purchase one or there are free open-source ones available. You will then have this data source that can enrich your life because many correlations are done with this data.

I rate Splunk an eight out of ten.

More Splunk reviews from users
...who compared it with LogRhythm NextGen SIEM
Learn what your peers think about Splunk. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.