Splunk Review

Reduced our time to log

What is our primary use case?

In the beginning, we just wanted to collect the logs from the different devices, like the nano storage, Linux, Windows, and VMware. We tried to get the uniform solution to collect and analyze all of the system logs.

How has it helped my organization?

Our current companies need this solution. We need it to highlight the old logging events. Based on the different device and systems, we have Splunk and we can clearly explain the everyday field logging of events in the different IT environments.

In the past, we used a different application to collect logs. We used SurfWatch and VMware to do so but we found that the Splunk has more capacity to do more in less time. They provide a faster speed to index all the events which is a huge asset.

What is most valuable?

The user can apply for all kinds of device systems, no matter whether he/she is using Windows or Linux. It can easily collect the logs. In addition, the user can have an index which can help us to collect and analyze all kinds of logs and find the outstanding issues.

What needs improvement?

Splunk is not very user-friendly. It has a complex architecture in comparison to other solutions on the market.

It is stable.

Scalability could be improved.

We used SurfWatch and VMware in the past.

I was not involved with the initial setup.

I am not personally involved with the pricing of the solution.

We also looked at Selopene SIEM. It is a premier logging site.