Splunk Review

It is stable and scalable. It is also easy to configure.

What is our primary use case?

We use it for logging, essentially for auditing and troubleshooting errors in production and finding out what happened.

I have used the product personally for five years and at my current company for a year and a half.

How has it helped my organization?

I haven't had any problems with it so far.

What is most valuable?

There are a lot of plugins to integrate this. The client site login is pretty extensible and probably cost-effective. Plus, it is easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

I would like some additional AI capabilities to provide additional information about things going wrong and things going well.

More than five years.

It is very stable. We have not had any problems.

We had to upgrade when it was on-premise, but then we went to cloud version, which is very good.

It is pretty scalability, even though we have a lot of logs. It runs well.

I assume that the pricing is reasonable, because if it was too costly, there are other alternatives. However, with some of the other solutions, you have to spend time on them and manage them yourself. It might also take you three times to get it right. So, Splunk may be more costly upfront, but in the long run, it saves on time and man-hours.

I would consider ELK Kibana a competitor for this solution. If you have time, and you want to do it yourself, you can save a little money going with Kibana. However, Splunk is pretty good and I would recommend an enterprise to switch to Splunk.