Splunk Review

It has the flexibility to do multiple analyses

What is our primary use case?

• Log mining
  • Log analysis

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us look at modern technology, as well as penetrate our legacy systems, to see where the bottlenecks are.

What is most valuable?

• The product is adept at log mining.
  • It has the flexibility to do multiple analyses.
  • It works across heterogeneous environments in different ways.

What needs improvement?

I have not tested the hybrid model yet. I don't know whether all its integrations and interfaces will work between the cloud and on-premise model. I also don't know if across multiple clouds all the products will perform properly.

If it could be made available as a service, this would be much better than as a product.

It is stable under production environments.

The scalability is decent. We have implemented it in our production environment, and it scales.

We have seen ROI and improvements as we have continued to use the product, but they are more reactive. We want to be proactive on an enterprise-wide scale.

We considered Oracle Enterprise Manager, but Splunk is way more powerful. Splunk is product-agnostic, as it can move across different platforms and products.

What other advice do I have?

Explore Splunk. The product has a lot of depth.

It works with multiple products which are scheduling systems to ERPs to legacy, and it works perfectly fine.

I use the on-premise version. I have not had the opportunity to explore the AWS on Splunk version yet.