Splunk Review

We use it for reporting and monitoring of all solutions in the company

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is reporting from the Windows administration. We have SCCM that configures the manager to update every PC workstation and server in the company. We have a lot of PCs and servers in our environment and we use Splunk for the gathering of the PCs and Windows service. We also use it to collect information from the security tools, for example, to provide the management information about how the everyday connection is.

How has it helped my organization?

We can present to our management in real time the security of the batch management for the PCs, security regarding the network equipment. We're currently working in the Azure Cloud project, so we can send any logs from the cloud to Splunk. We can monitor them and we can present to the managers and customers. It's a very good solution for reporting. We use Splunk for reporting and monitoring of any solution in the company.

What needs improvement?

The security can be improved.

It is scalable. We have five admins so far that we have in the solution. We have two as techs to develop the design on the world map of the solution, and we have the end users, so 80,000 users altogether.

The initial setup was complex. We have two data centers in France, two in Germany, and we have 18 countries in the world. It's a big company and we have a lot of services, servers, etc. So the setup is more complex.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a perfect ten out of ten.