Splunk User Behavior Analytics Review

Has powerful search, indexing, and scalability features

What is our primary use case?

Splunk has features that no other solutions have. We work in organizations that have a big volume of data. Our primary use case of this solution is for indexing. The best solution that we found that could fit our needs was Splunk.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the indexing and powerful search features.

What needs improvement?

The correlation engine should have persistent and definable rules. Splunk should have more features and options in regards to correlating in real-time. It should have the ability to set more permanent rules.

Correlation capabilities in ArcSight are better than in Splunk.

I have been using Splunk for more than three years.

The stability is good. It's reliable and can be used in enterprise environments.

It is a scalable solution and can support many users. The scalability is another powerful feature of this solution.

We have around ten users using this solution in our company. We also provide this solution to our subsidiary companies so there are more than twenty users.

We are in Iran and are under U.S. sanctions so we can only use online forums for support. We can't use their technical support.

The initial setup was easy.

We did the implementation in-house.

Our licensing costs are on a yearly basis.

We researched many solutions before choosing Splunk like LogRhythm, ELK, and FortiSIEM.

What other advice do I have?

After more than three years of using this solution, I would recommend this solution, especially for environments that have a big volume of data. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten. It is a really great product.