Spring Boot Review

Stable, scalable, lightweight, and easy to install

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for various in-house applications and products.

What is most valuable?

Spring Boot is lightweight. The platform is easy for developers to download. It gives you a good framework and support for the different components they have.

What needs improvement?

This is not a tool for beginners. You need to know and understand it well.

It needs to be simplified, more user-friendly.

Spring Boot is only for lightweight components. You cannot have large applications on it.

If the binary size is large then you have to ensure that the services that are designed are very lightweight.  For example, if there are ten components, you have to divide them into ten and not into one. There needs to be a logical separation.

I would like to see the size of the code improved and the framework. We don't always realize how much we are loading into the microservice. There should be some limitations in place to indicate whether the code size should not exceed a certain amount and should not compile itself.

I have been using Spring Boot for approximately five years.

It's a stable product. We have not had any issues.

Spring Boot is scalable.

I have a team of 50, who are using this solution. The organization has approximately 120 users.

We plan to continue our usage with Spring Boot.

There is a very large community available online. We find enough material there.

The initial setup was straightforward.

There is a lot of documentation to get through, but there is help available online.

This is an open-source product.

What other advice do I have?

Spring Boot is a good product to get started with, especially when there are services to be written, in particular, when in the new microservices area.

They need to look for the unnecessary binary size that gets increased, otherwise, it's good.

I would recommend this solution

I would rate Spring Boot an eight out of ten.

More Spring Boot reviews from users
...who compared it with Spring MVC
Learn what your peers think about Spring Boot. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.