SQL Server Review

Reliable, Stable, And Cost-effective Solution For A Small Database

What is our primary use case?

We use on-premises, standalone deployment of SQL Server for our own CRM database. There are around seven to eight users in our company.

How has it helped my organization?

SQL Server suffices our main requirement of a small database, and it is also very cost-effective.

What is most valuable?

The features that we have found the most valuable are reliability, availability perspective, and current scalability.

What needs improvement?

The scalability and the high availability feature can be expanded or improved. Currently, there is a limitation on scalability.

A feature similar to the Oracle Diagnostic feature can be included to provide a better user experience.

We have been using SQL Server for around 10 years.

Stability and scalability are both good. It suffices for our current requirements, but if we want to scale up in the future, it has limitations.

We sometimes contacted Microsoft technical support, and we also have in-house Microsoft support. We are happy with the support.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Our in-house team handled the deployment.

SQL Server is a cost-effective solution for a small database.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend SQL Server.

I would rate SQL Server an eight out of ten.

Not a ten because it has some limitations. When considering overall scalability, reliability, features, if you look at Oracle, it's still ahead of SQL Server.

More SQL Server reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle Database
Learn what your peers think about SQL Server. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.