SQL Server Review

A fast and efficient way to track reporting

What is most valuable?

It is widely used and we never have problems with it. It can handle a PC, and it can also handle huge data. It is fast and efficient. It is something unique that tracks reporting of records, personnel, finances and more. It also integrates well with everything, not just Microsoft tools.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice to search for specific value across multiple tables. This would save a lot of time.

More than five years.

I have never had a problem with the stability of the solution.

We have never really had a problem with the scalability of the solution.

I have never used technical support. It is the joke at the office that you cannot get help on the Microsoft website at all. Also, downloading anything from Microsoft is usually a nightmare. Honestly, I end up googling the problem and solving it myself. This is definitely something Microsoft needs to improve.

What other advice do I have?

It is definitely important for someone looking at a new vendor to consider the support of the solution. In addition, the customer should really do their research and understand what their needs are, and make sure the new solution will solve those needs.