SQL Server Review

Stable, easy to use, and offers a quick deployment

What is most valuable?

Right now, we are using DB2 and the SQL Server. It's really helpful for the replication of data. It's real-time and very easy to use.

The product is very stable. We find it to be reliable.

The scalability is okay.

The installation is pretty straightforward.

What needs improvement?

For now, we've found the features to be sufficient. I cannot recall feeling anything is actually missing.

The pricing of the product could be better. They could make it more reasonable or more competitive.

Microsoft's technical support could be better.

We've been supporting these servers for a couple of years at this point. It's likely been about two or so years. We've worked with them for a while.

The solution is very stable and reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. We're happy with it.

The scalability potential depends on the resources. If the resources are enough, we can scale it. For us, it's already enough. However, if a company plans to expand, it should be prepared for that beforehand.

We have more than ten users on the solution currently.

Microsoft technical support could be improved upon. They aren't the best. They could always be better.

We also use IBM DB2. We support it for our customers.

We have found the solution to be straightforward. It's not overly difficult or complex. A company shouldn't have any issue with implementation.

The product implementation process depends on the needs of the client. For us, deployment was around 30 minutes to one hour. It's pretty quick.

The solution could be priced more competitively. We'd, of course, like it to be lower. Microsoft can sometimes be expensive.

Each customer needs their own license.

What other advice do I have?

We use the solution both on the cloud and on-premises.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We've been pleased with its capabilities overall.

I would recommend the solution to other users and companies. They should know that it is very easy to use.

We had two people that handled the initial setup - an engineer and a manager. It's pretty easy to handle if an engineer is doing the setup.

More SQL Server reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle Database
Learn what your peers think about SQL Server. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.