- For me it was a really fast setup, I only needed to include a library into my application
- This DMS is embedded, there is no need for the user to think about connections
- It is used for testing because many frameworks, for example Rails use SQLite as testing database
- For me was very easy to move a database
- I observed that it has not external dependencies
Room for Improvement:
- I used both SQLite and MySQL and I observed that SQLite’s capabilities are inferior to MySQL.
- I noticed that SQLite does not have users and permissions, so everyone who can access the file can access all data
- Also SQLite does not have performance improvement, it does not cache queries or optimizes selects.
- I wanted to use SQLite with PHP, but I did not find many articles on the web about combining PHP with SQLite
When I first heard about SQLite, I read that it is a single-file based database which is useful for testing and for embedding in many applications. This means that all the information is stored in a single file on a file system and I use a SQLite library to open this file to read and write my data. Then I compared it with MySQL and I noticed that MySQL is a database server which got different forms to store its data.
Find out what your peers are saying about SQLite, Firebird, Oracle and others in Open Source Databases. Updated: July 2021.
522,693 professionals have used our research since 2012.