SSIS Review

Variety of transformations, good SQL integration, and allows C# scripting

What is most valuable?

Some of the valuable features I have found with this solution has been the variety of transformations that are possible and it works well with SQL servers. The majority of our clients that I worked for, their whole systems of data is using SQL server which has worked better for them.

The script component is very powerful, things that you cannot normally do, is feasible through C#. If you can write a script you can import it through the Script Task.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve on integrating with other types of data sources. We had issues with connecting to Oracle, it did not do as good of a job as it did with SQL servers.

In my experience, more efficiency is needed when it comes to dealing with huge volumes of data. However, this is also dependant on the server capacity.

In an upcoming release, they should update the features to facilitate efficient data transfers.

I have been using the solution for approximately 10 years.

We have not experienced any behavioural differences with the operations of the solution, it is stable.

We typically implement the solution for enterprise-size companies.

The installation was easy.

It would be beneficial if the solution had a less costly cloud offering.

Informatica and Talent, are two options I am currently evaluating.

What other advice do I have?

Customers have moved on pass SSIS and use Azure Data Factory, Databricks or something similar. We have a few of our customers looking to moving on to Informatica or Talent. This is how I was led to itcentralstation.com, to learn more about SSIS and how it was compared to Informatica.

I have never had a situation where a particular transformation was not possible in SSIS. We have always been able to meet the demands of our need with SSIS.

I rate SSIS an eight out of ten.

More SSIS reviews from users
...who compared it with Informatica PowerCenter
Learn what your peers think about SSIS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
511,521 professionals have used our research since 2012.