SSIS Review

Offers excellent integration and has great simplicity

What is most valuable?

The simplicity of the solution is great. The solution also offers excellent integration.

What needs improvement?

The interface could use improvement, as well as the administrative tools. Jobs fail from time to time for different reasons. It's not a problem with Microsoft, or SSIS itself. The problems are external, but to find the problems and analyze them it takes too much time. If SSIS could make some new monitors or new features for finding the reasons for the problems in the processes and analyzing it for how to correct the issues, that would be great.

I've been using the solution for over six months.

The solution is stable.

Right now we're working with Azure, and it's scalable, but it's expensive to do so. If we had features to scale the software part of the solution, it would be great.

We have support not only for SSIS but Microsoft as a whole because we're an official partner of Microsoft in data warehousing and have a partnership agreement with the company. However, support seems to be connected with sales, and if I call with technical problems and ask if they have some feature to solve the problem, months can go by with no results.

They do, however, have a professional community online and in 95% of our incidents, we can find the solution there instead of calling.

The initial setup was simple and straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution. It's always worked for me and it's usually a top choice for my clients.

I would rate this solution at seven or eight out of ten. It's not a perfect solution, but it works well.