SSIS Review

Excellent automated workflow and functionality

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for integration packages for ETL in order to build data warehouses.

What is most valuable?

The workflow features have been very valuable. You can have automated workflows and all the steps are controlled. The workflow functionality of integration services is excellent.

What needs improvement?

The solution should offer more information online for users of SSIS. There are only a few general data sources available, but it would be helpful if there was more extensive information.

The solution could also use some more intelligent discs for data manipulation, or maybe some artificial intelligence as well. It needs more integration tools, so you can connect to different sources.

I've been using the solution since 2008.

The solution is quite stable.

The solution is very scalable. The amount of people that use SSIS from our end depends on the project, so it varies. We increase the usage of this product based on the projects that we get. Basically, each project that we do, we use this solution for integration purposes.

Technical support is quite good.

I've always used SSIS. We never considered any other solution. We might have used some tools that were developed in-house occasionally, but by and large, we always use SSIS.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises version of the solution.

I would recommend the solution to others. I'd give it a rating of eight out of ten.