StackPath CDN Review

​We had some issues with errors popping up here and there on our Drupal log, but it improved the downloading of static content for our websites.

What is most valuable?

MaxCDN was used with the sole purpose of speeding up our websites - since it lacks security features as Cloudflare, Incapsula and others do.

How has it helped my organization?

MaxCDN improved the downloading of static content for our websites. They have multiple nodes all over the world, therefore improving the user experience significantly. At some point, we used it in conjunction with Cloudflare, in order to get the security features of Cloudflare and the speed of MaxCDN.

What needs improvement?

Although they are strictly a CDN network, adding some security features would be nice.

We used MaxCDN for almost a year.

To use MaxCDN, you need to have a plug-in installed on your CMS. In our case, it was a Drupal installation which was pretty straightforward.

We had some issues with errors popping up here and there on our Drupal log, but nothing serious. One minor issue was that when we decided to stop using MaxCDN, since all images on our site were converted to links to MaxCDN, sites linking to our images (including Google) would have an issue. For that reason, generally it is better to chose a CDN that is activated just by changing your name servers rather than using a module on your site.

No issues with scalability and our site was getting three million views per month.

Excellent customer service, we didn't have any issues at all.

Excellent support - especially their live chat, which was very helpful.

MaxCDN was the first CDN that we ever tried on our sites. After that, Cloudflare was another option and now we are testing Incapsula.

The setup is pretty straightforward and they have detailed instructions for all popular CMS systems (Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress, etc).

The installation was done in-house, although it required someone with some level of technical knowledge of the CMS system we used. It is not as easy as with Cloudflare, for example.

The packages they offer are priced well in comparison to competition.

What other advice do I have?

If you are solely interested in an affordable CDN solution and security is not an issue, then MaxCDN is a very good choice.