StarWind HyperConverged Appliance Review

What is our primary use case?

Our small business was looking for a reliable and cost effective solution to ensure maximum uptime. We went from a single server to a virtualized hyper-converged infrastructure to allow routine maintenance at our convenience and have peace of mind that a failover system was in place.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution came preconfigured. All we needed to do was plug it in and move our VMs. The migration was seamless and we have had no issues. This solution has allowed us to take advantage of newer technologies, maintain our servers with ease, and reduce downtime.

What is most valuable?

We have found the live migration to be the most valuable feature. It allows us to seamlessly maintain our servers, as well as have peace of mind if something goes wrong. There is a failover machine ready to go.

What needs improvement?

A desired feature or service would be the ability to have a hardware subscription plan that ensures routine hardware updates in conjunction with hyper-converged software.

Less than one year.

None at this time.

None at this time.

Customer service has been excellent. Any questions we have had have been answered quickly.

We didn't previously use a hyper-converged solution. We used Veeam to take care of any potential failovers manually. We still utilize Veeam, but we wanted to add a hyper-converged product to free up some time devoted to manual maintenance.

The initial setup was straightforward. All was a breeze.

I installed this system myself.

We have not evaluated it at this time.

Its cost was reasonable.

We did not evaluate any other options.